Monday, June 19, 2006

My iTunes calls it With Love and Squalor

I like the new We Are Scientists album. I think. I mean, I know I like the music and recommend you give it a listen; it's just that I'm fuzzy on the details. That is, I don't know if it's "the new one" or even "their first one." I really think of it as the plain silver CD with We Are Scientists written on it with a Sharpie pen in my friend Kathleen's handwriting. And I like it all the same.

I have no details about this band, but everytime I look over at the CD (when not in play) and see the Sharpied-in name, I read it, like a sentence. We are scientists. And everytime I do, my mind goes immediately to the song, "I Am A Scientist" by Guided By Voices--one of the finest songs of our time. And then, still glancing at the CD, I think, I bet that's where they got their name. And then I think, How do you know? It could be that they are actually scientists.

Every time. I think this every time. Perhaps it's time to get a sleeve for the CD and put it safely in the desk drawer. Otherwise, I'm not gonna get a lick done at work.

Too bad there's not a super easy way to find out something, ANYTHING, about this mystery band. Certainly it's nothing I can tackle while sitting in front of my high-speed-internet-enabled computer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Madelyn said...

Ha! That's funny that you run through the same thought process each time.

11:21 AM  
Blogger - said...

Dear Emily, how is your pooping situation going? I enjoy your blog much more when it involves feces. Did you know Erik picks up my feces on a daily basis? It's fun to watch him and the silly faces he makes when he does it. I especially like it when I have diarrhea and Erik can't pick it up, but more or less just smears it across the sidewalk. Does that ever happen to you?
-Andy

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home