Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Still drawing like an eight year old

I am in a computer training this week. All week. It is closer to my house and the hours of the training each day are long enough that it counts as a full day but are still significantly shorter than my usual work day. Not too shabby.

What is a bit shabby is my performance in said training. We had to draw a house today, using line and diagonal line functions, circles, squares and polygons. I tried to make mine look very similar to the one in the example: one big window next to a doorknob-less front door of a brick house with a brown triangle roof. Pretty boring. And rudimentary--like South Park-style. Maybe they use the software we're learning?

Anyway, I tried to spice mine up with some nice patterns to 'texturize' my green bushes and gave my remarkably lollipop-like flowers varying colors to add some pizazz. But it didn't stop there, friends: I even added a great big sun in the upper right hand corner with big thick beams that shone down--nay, touched!--the roof of my little house.

Smug with my clever innovation, I looked around at my classmates' work. Their houses all had perfect flowers in front and cobblestone walkways and much much fancier architecture with stained glass windows and what I imagine would be stucco exteriors. Blue skies, distinct bushes versus my green blobs, prettier butterflies with incandescent wings flying around the homes.

So, it's official: I will not quit my day job.

Unless South Park calls.

2 Comments:

Blogger Madelyn said...

What? No visual aid? Can't you post the drawing? Then I could print it and put it on my fridge!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I guarantee you that mine would be worse. If it makes you feel better.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home