Friday, January 06, 2006

Freedom from five, aka why not start the year off with a lame blog entry?

Happy New Year! I meant to do a little highlights and lowlights of 2005 thing at the end of this past year but was too busy listening to country music while driving a blue pick up truck throughout Virginia, Maryland, and DC visiting family and friends. One has to maximize one's time while at the other side of the country, seeing as many people who are important to one as possible. I'm not sure that I was able to spend as much time with anyone as I would have liked, but I am glad that I at least got to see as many of them ('them' such a nice term for loved ones) as I did. I'd say that it was a little hectic with all the driving except that I really like driving. Living in LA, this is a very good thing, since hating driving would probably equal hating LA.

I am glad to be back. In my room, in my bed. I would be driving (ahh, driving) to work right now, except that my head is so stuffed up that it's about 17 pounds (and pounding) and I have a cough and other unpleasantness. I was at work for about an hour yesterday before being sent home. Like the rest of California, there's a bit of a flu epidemic in our office; many of us were home sick or told to go home. I was glad to go not only because I was feeling so nast, but also because a person of authority told me that I should not be working. How great it is when responsibility is temporarily removed from you? Like being told you have to stay home for a snow day. Dang. Except you don't typically feel like ass on a snow day, so I guess it's really not as cool after all.

A highlight of 2006 is already apparent: I don't have to cut and paste the number five anymore when typing the year. You see, the five key has been missing from my trusty laptop since one cat was running from another cat in my bedroom two years ago. I was typing away when Miss LC jumped onto my bed, ran across my pillows, then skidded across my lap, which was holding this keyboard. By the time she cleared it, the five key and the key with the tilde symbol were popped clean off. Thanks, cat.

So I won't have to scramble for already-typed fives when typing the year. I have to say that that alone may promise that 2006 is totally going to be the best year in my whole life so far.


2 Comments:

Blogger BrainSyke said...

Happy 2006! Keep enjoyin'!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Welcome back! I'm sick too - good to know misery has company. Call me when you feel better.
Anila

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home