Wednesday, January 11, 2006

TV crush

Well it was already pretty obvious that I have a crush on the wonder that is television. But I'm here to tell you that now I have a crush who is on television. And it is because of said crush that I can never go to sleep before midnight. Not anymore anyway. Not with my boyfriend Stephen Colbert's show coming on at 11:30 I can't. Sure I could watch the 8:30 showing of The Colbert Report instead of the exact same "late edition" three hours later but I don't. I don't have a good reason why I don't and to tell you the truth I rarely ever go to sleep before midnight anyway. So why is this different? Well now instead of like reading (stupid reading) I just turn on the TV and sigh. He's so funny. And socially aware. And remarkably generic-looking. But the more I watch, the more generic morphs into handsome as I laugh and laugh and laugh at his take on our country. He makes this Administration and the news about it a little easier to take. I heart anyone who can do that. But really I heart him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lo said...

I heart U!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I love the Daily Show and thus feel compelled to love Colbert Report, but honestly sometimes to humor is too buried in the satire for it to be funny. He's aping super super conservative people and sometimes I wonder if the super conserative people watching get it that he's aping them and not the liberals he insults.

7:20 AM  
Blogger starpower said...

I do share your concern about some conservatives perhaps not knowing that the joke's on them--and have found myself wondering at times if he is in fact actually insulting liberals. But who can resist his take on The Word and the way he presents himself to the audience when he has a guest on the show? So funny!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Madelyn said...

i LOVE the word. i laugh so hard i cry.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home